Baby Love

Baby Love

Growing, Growing, Growing!

Saturday, August 9th 


This morning as I was changing Katie into some new clothes for the day I was pleasantly surprised that our favorite little monkey PJs (gift from Aunt Martha) were a bit snug.  Katie was so uncomfortable as her arm wouldn't even go through the sleeve all the way that I had to quickly grab another set of PJs.  Sadly I didn't get a photo of our snug-fit PJs but was a great feeling to know that my girls are growing, growing, growing.  A week and a half after they were born they were moved from the more critical side of the NICU to the growing and feeding section.  As our girls didn't have any medical issues they were just small and needed to grow some more.  It makes me so happy to know that they are continuing to thrive and doing excellent with their feedings.  We are currently still giving the girls 2 oz bottles.  

Here is their "protein shake" as Mama calls it

-2 oz EBM (expressed breast milk)
- 1/4 tsp Similac Neosure 24 calorie formula (made especially for preemies)
- a drop of Enfamil's Pol-vi-sol with Iron (this stuff smells so bad, poor babes)


Our favorite preemie PJs by Carters that we have now outgrown.  Other brands of preemie clothes still fit us--such as Kissy Kissy, children's place and gap.  


A Pinterest-inspired idea that I love!  Saving all the favorite baby clothes and making into a quilt.  
In my case I'll be making 3 quilts, one per girl.  


This was most of our day today.  I just love my little girls, they are SO stinking cute!!


No comments:

Post a Comment